In this post, Daphne and I designed a mock script for a User Interview and test, to evaluate ASOS website.
- Please describe your past and present experience with the website.
- Do you shop online, and how frequently?
- Who do you usually shop for?
- What device do you usually use to shop online? Do you use an app or URL?
- If URL, do you usually search (and how) or is it bookmarked?
- Do you and did you use other platforms for the same purpose as ASOS? Please specify.
User Test: Shop for an outfit on ASOS. (15minutes)
Problems, ambiguities and pain-points identified:
- Filters bar disappears as you scroll down and pops up again – confusing and distracting.
- Filters did not work 100%. Daphne selected black tops only and there were other colour tops being shown in the search.
- Search can seem endless and too much.
- Available sizes can be listed on the pictures. (suggestion)
- There is no option to check out as a guest. Log in required. Not ideal for customers who are not heavy users of the website/app or first time users. Daphne also does not like promotional mail that may come with signing up.
- The wish list function (save for later) is not apparent and Daphne missed it.